One of the enduring issues faced by superyacht captains and crew is the need for immediate attention – no matter where the yacht may be. Whether in isolated waters off the Galápagos or a packed marina in the Med, yachts need swift and effective attention should an issue arise with the complex systems related to satellite communications and television at sea. Based on feedback from clients who were delighted with KVH’s fast response to a wide range of issues, the company recently introduced KVH Superyacht Group, a team devoted to delivering around-the-clock assistance to the superyacht market.
Feedback from superyacht captains inspired the creation of KVH Superyacht Group. Graham Newton, captain of the 64-meter S/Y Hetairos, recounts running into issues in Fiji: “When my ETO came to me to explain the problem, my heart sank, as we were so close to departing to pick up the owner of the yacht. When I heard that a new KVH antenna and an engineer were on the way, I could hardly believe it. In more than 20 years working aboard superyachts, this has to be the best and most impressive service that I have ever received.”
‘Just one call’ is the theme for the new global concierge service offered by KVH Superyacht Group. The proactive service aims to address its clients’ requests as quickly as possible, providing one point of contact for all onboard communications and entertainment needs. “Since KVH offers a true end-to-end solution, our clients enjoy immediate access, anytime, anywhere, with just one call,” says Jim George, senior director of global leisure sales for KVH.
George and his team are focused on providing bespoke services for superyacht captains, ETOs, engineers, owners and charter clients, tailored to each individual yacht’s needs. This team consists of field service engineers, account managers, and sales managers who are widely experienced in everything from technical and installation issues to the logistics of providing a perfect experience for yachts cruising the globe. The team, pictured above, left to right, includes:
- Andrew Bush, sales manager based in Liverpool, UK, who directs the superyacht-focused efforts in the EMEA region including the Mediterranean.
- Darryl Matfin, sales manager based in Fort Lauderdale, FL, who has a business development background specialising in the marine industry, including 10 years as managing director of the yacht division of a leading marine electronics and AV/IT integrator.
- Steve Gorman, field service engineer based in Fort Lauderdale, FL, with more than 25 years of experience as a marine electronics dealer and installation specialist.
- Alexandra Mouligné, project manager for KVH Superyacht Group, who brings a love of yachting to her role in implementing business growth for KVH in the superyacht market.
- Rebecca Lancashire, concierge specialist based in Fort Lauderdale, FL, who understands the demands of the superyacht industry, having worked as stewardess and mate on private yachts for many years before joining KVH.
- Jim George, senior director of global leisure sales, who brings more than 20 years experience with yachting products and KVH customers.
One area of service in particularly high demand by today’s superyacht captains, owners, and managers is proactive account monitoring and alerts. So, the KVH Superyacht Group offers to observe airtime usage and preemptively alert the appropriate contacts to avoid unexpected overages. This service is particularly important if the yacht has a demanding charter schedule. Working with the company’s specialists in advance, clients can ensure their yacht is using the airtime plan that works best for all guests.
“KVH is committed to providing a platinum-level experience for superyachts, knowing that each of these vessels has very specific needs,” says George. “We devote sales, technical, and field support experts to support our superyacht clients around the world, and ensure we are right beside them for anything they need.”
For more information about KVH’s superyacht concierge service, please visit KVH Superyacht Group. The team will be hosting workshops for superyacht crew at various events in coming months; please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
KVH’s marine products include the brand new TracPhone®?V7-HTS, an advanced satellite communications antenna system utilising high throughput satellite (HTS) technology to provide streaming fast broadband speeds at sea. In addition, the company’s award-winning TracVision®?line of satellite television antenna systems enable yachts to receive their favorite satellite television programming around the world. Mobile connectivity services include the market-leading mini-VSAT Broadband?network, and a host of value-added services including myKVH™, a portal that enables yacht operators to more effectively manage onboard broadband data usage, user allocations, and track vessel movements and locations.
Want to hear more from Superyacht Technology News? Subscribe to our magazine free!